Sunday, September 7, 2008

Which Animal to Become?


Hi Folk!

Okay, I thought of posting the result of that poll on the question of what animal would you choose to become, if given a chance. I did not receive many responses but that is of course not a grievance. Life is busy for all of us and many of you are still away from your computer systems. So the poll statistics are pasted below. Click on the image to see the graphic representation of the poll result.

Total Responses Received: 30

Flying Bird: 8
Dogs/Wolf: 5
Predator Cats (Lion, Cheetah, Panther): 3
Mink/Raccoon: 2
Tortoise/Turtle: 2
Miscellaneous: 9

You can clearly see that, from the responses that arrived, flying birds are the most inspiring animals – at least to the people I know. This is a pleasant thing to look at since my own vote was for this category. Being a dog lover, it was really tough to choose between ‘dog’ and ‘flying bird’ but then the freedom aspect of flight took over and I joined the flock.

As for the categories, I grouped the closely matching animals together. Some of you may frown over this but I think I’ll excuse myself with the explanation that generalizing is the best way create meaning without spending dozens of hours over a matter. Let’s hope your personal definitions of animals don’t radically disagree with mine. Among the ‘miscellaneous’ category, each person named a different animal. Here is the list: Panda, Squirrel, Monkey, Amoeba, Goat (a black one), Flightless Bird (Penguin), Fish (Orca Whale), and Rabbit.

Finally, I got this response to the poll question from my brother Shais (he’s an MA in Philosophy): ‘Hello Bro! Man is, from the beginning, a social animal. So I am not ready to become an animal twice!’

Have a nice time,

Ernest Dempsey

No comments: